All beaches in Andaman vest with Govt of India
PortBlair: The Andaman and Nicobar
administration Environment and Forest department on Tuesday said
that all the beaches in the area in the islands falling between
the high tide and the low tide line vests with the government
"The ownership of all the beach in the islands falling
between the high tide and the low tide line vests with the
government of India and putting up of sign boards by private
hotels claiming exclusive access to the beaches is strictly
prohibited," Environment and Forest department sources said.
It also said that appropriate action would be taken if
hotels put up sign boards claiming ownership of the beaches
and for unauthorised occupation of the beaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video