Assembly to resume sitting on Monday for debate on motion of thanks
Puducherry: The Puducherry Assembly which began its budget session on March 18 with the customary address by Lt Governor Iqbal Singh, will resume its sitting on Monday as announced by Speaker V Sabapathy that day.
The debate would be held tomorrow and on Tuesday.
The House had at the last sitting adopted unanimously a resolution tabled by Chief Minister N Rangasamy urging the Centre to support the US backed resolution against Sri Lanka.
Though the opposition AIADMK had that day sought a debate on the resolution, the Speaker refused it saying there could be no debate after the House adopted it unanimously.
As the plan size for fiscal 2013-14 has not been finalized so far through a meeting with Planning Commission, the House is all set to adopt a Vote on Account this week to earmark funds for the first few months to meet its expenditure.
Meanwhile at the national level the DMK, the main ally of the Congress led UPA, pulled out of the Central government and also from the UPA on Lankan Tamils issue.
While Congress and AIADMK are adversaries to the AINRC government, one has to wait to see the stand of the two member DMK towards the government.
Puducherry witnessed agitations,demonstrations and road rokos at the instance of various outfits championing the cause of Sri Lankan Tamils. At one stage the camp office of Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy was attacked by one outfit.
There was also an attack on Aurobindo Ashram last week.
Narayanasamy has gone on record stating that government was sluggish in taking action against the trouble makers and that `anti social elements were ruling the roost in Puducherry in the garb of championing the cause of Tamils in Sri Lanka.
The local Hindu Munnani unit had demanded invoking provisions of Goondas Act to handle the group that damaged property at the Ashram as it had nothing to do with the issue.
The opposition Congress was irked by the `disrespect some agitators showed towards Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi by burning their effigies.
Congress volunteers protested against the `failure` of police to prevent activities of those denigrating Congress leaders under the garb of the Tamils issue’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt