Auctioning of licenses for retail sale of arrack begins in Puducherry
Puducherry: The Excise Department has
commenced granting of licenses online to sell arrack and toddy
in the Union Territory for the 2010-2011 excise year.
This was the tenth year in succession that the department
was adopting sale of licenses on line.
Puducherry and its outlying regions have 100 arrack and 96
toddy shops, Deputy Commissioner of Excise R Anbalagane said.
The department netted a revenue of Rs 73 crore during
2009-2010 from the sales, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman