Auctioning of licenses for retail sale of arrack begins in Puducherry
Puducherry: The Excise Department has
commenced granting of licenses online to sell arrack and toddy
in the Union Territory for the 2010-2011 excise year.
This was the tenth year in succession that the department
was adopting sale of licenses on line.
Puducherry and its outlying regions have 100 arrack and 96
toddy shops, Deputy Commissioner of Excise R Anbalagane said.
The department netted a revenue of Rs 73 crore during
2009-2010 from the sales, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended