Auctioning of licenses for retail sale of arrack begins in Puducherry
Puducherry: The Excise Department has
commenced granting of licenses online to sell arrack and toddy
in the Union Territory for the 2010-2011 excise year.
This was the tenth year in succession that the department
was adopting sale of licenses on line.
Puducherry and its outlying regions have 100 arrack and 96
toddy shops, Deputy Commissioner of Excise R Anbalagane said.
The department netted a revenue of Rs 73 crore during
2009-2010 from the sales, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion