Cabinet nod for chopper services in Lakshadweep
New Delhi: The Cabinet has approved Pawan Hans helicopter services for inter-island connectivity in the Lakshadweep islands for five years, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Friday.
The Cabinet on Thursday also approved a proposal to meet the cost of chartering helicopters from Pawan Hans company by the central government at a subsidy of Rs 1,900.64 lakh per annum, Chidambaram said.
The company has been providing helicopter services in the union territory of Lakshadweep since 1987.
Helicopter services have become a part of the transport and communication system in the Lakshadweep islands during the last 25 years for inter-island movement, particularly during the monsoon when movement of ships and ferries is severely restricted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!