Cash-at-judge`s door case: Court defers framing of charges
Chandigarh: A special CBI court here today again deferred the framing of charges against former Justice Nirmal Yadav and others in the 2008 cash-at-judge`s door case.
Special CBI Judge Vimal Kumar adjourned the case till September 16 in view of "its nature and in the interest of justice" after Yadav`s counsel said that she had challenged the CBI court order of July 31 on framing of charges in the High Court which would hear the matter on August 30.
The CBI opposed the application moved by Yadav, who along with other co-accused was present in the court room, through her counsel S K Garg Narwana seeking an adjournment for three weeks.
The CBI counsel Anupam Gupta contended that "framing of charges is merely consequential upon the trial court order of July 31 and if charges are framed today that would not detract the case from the revision petition filed by her in the high court."
"I request to frame the charges against the accused," Gupta pleaded.
However, the court adjourned the case till September 16.
Meanwhile, Yadav`s counsel in an oral submission told the court that she along with other co-accused will be present in the court at the next date if the high court does not stay the trial court order.
Earlier, the special CBI court on August 12 had deferred the framing of charges against Yadav, with the agency terming her plea for exemption from personal appearance on health grounds as a "sham".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof