Cash-at-judge`s door case: Court defers framing of charges
Chandigarh: A special CBI court here today again deferred the framing of charges against former Justice Nirmal Yadav and others in the 2008 cash-at-judge`s door case.
Special CBI Judge Vimal Kumar adjourned the case till September 16 in view of "its nature and in the interest of justice" after Yadav`s counsel said that she had challenged the CBI court order of July 31 on framing of charges in the High Court which would hear the matter on August 30.
The CBI opposed the application moved by Yadav, who along with other co-accused was present in the court room, through her counsel S K Garg Narwana seeking an adjournment for three weeks.
The CBI counsel Anupam Gupta contended that "framing of charges is merely consequential upon the trial court order of July 31 and if charges are framed today that would not detract the case from the revision petition filed by her in the high court."
"I request to frame the charges against the accused," Gupta pleaded.
However, the court adjourned the case till September 16.
Meanwhile, Yadav`s counsel in an oral submission told the court that she along with other co-accused will be present in the court at the next date if the high court does not stay the trial court order.
Earlier, the special CBI court on August 12 had deferred the framing of charges against Yadav, with the agency terming her plea for exemption from personal appearance on health grounds as a "sham".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash