Chidambaram to distribute RICs in Andamans
Port Blair: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram will distribute the first tranche of Resident
Identity Cards (RIC) among villagers at Porthrapur, near Port Blair,
These cards are a part of the total 2.56 lakh RICs to
be distributed among the residents who have completed 18 years
of age in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, official sources said.
Besides villages, all towns of the union territory will
be covered under the scheme, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city