Chidambaram to distribute RICs in Andamans
Port Blair: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram will distribute the first tranche of Resident
Identity Cards (RIC) among villagers at Porthrapur, near Port Blair,
These cards are a part of the total 2.56 lakh RICs to
be distributed among the residents who have completed 18 years
of age in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, official sources said.
Besides villages, all towns of the union territory will
be covered under the scheme, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'