Chidambaram to distribute RICs in Andamans
Port Blair: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram will distribute the first tranche of Resident
Identity Cards (RIC) among villagers at Porthrapur, near Port Blair,
These cards are a part of the total 2.56 lakh RICs to
be distributed among the residents who have completed 18 years
of age in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, official sources said.
Besides villages, all towns of the union territory will
be covered under the scheme, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back