Chidambaram visits Car Nicobar
Port Blair: Union Home Minister P
Chidambaram and Lt Governor, Lt Gen (retd.) Bhopinder
Singh laid a wreath at the Tsunami Memorial at Big Lapathy
village at the Car Nicobar yesterday.
After inspecting the Car Nicobar Coconut Mission at
the village, Chidamabaram appreciated the efforts of the
administration for introducing new technology for improvement
of agriculture practices by the people for high yielding
coconut plants, the main source of livelihood of the people of
the Nicobar islands.
The minister met members of the Tribal Council, Car
Nicobar at Perka village and appreciated the courage and
resilience of the Nicobarese people in rebuilding their
He also praised the joint family system being adopted
by the Nicobarese and their traditional way of life.
At the Raj Niwas, Chidamabaram met representatives of
fishermen, craftsmen, ex-servicemen from Campbell.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma