`Child labour should be eradicated without delay`
Puducherry: Welfare Minister P Rajavelu today urged NGOs, government agencies and volunteers with social outlook to ensure early eradication of child labour through their unmitigated and sustained initiatives.
Kickstarting a children`s rally and a mobile propaganda on the occasion of celebration of `World Day against Child Labour` here, he said the International Labour Organisation had launched the Day in 2002 so that young children could be protected against the menace.
"Child labour will eat into the basic rights of the children, besides depriving them of opportunities to get education and health facilities," he said.
The rally and mobile propaganda were organized by Puducherry based Multi Purpose Social Service Society and also NGO Child line organisation.
Officials of the Department of Women and Children, local legislator K Lakshminarayanan and functionaries of PMSSS were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail