`Child labour should be eradicated without delay`
Puducherry: Welfare Minister P Rajavelu today urged NGOs, government agencies and volunteers with social outlook to ensure early eradication of child labour through their unmitigated and sustained initiatives.
Kickstarting a children`s rally and a mobile propaganda on the occasion of celebration of `World Day against Child Labour` here, he said the International Labour Organisation had launched the Day in 2002 so that young children could be protected against the menace.
"Child labour will eat into the basic rights of the children, besides depriving them of opportunities to get education and health facilities," he said.
The rally and mobile propaganda were organized by Puducherry based Multi Purpose Social Service Society and also NGO Child line organisation.
Officials of the Department of Women and Children, local legislator K Lakshminarayanan and functionaries of PMSSS were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred