`Child labour should be eradicated without delay`
Puducherry: Welfare Minister P Rajavelu today urged NGOs, government agencies and volunteers with social outlook to ensure early eradication of child labour through their unmitigated and sustained initiatives.
Kickstarting a children`s rally and a mobile propaganda on the occasion of celebration of `World Day against Child Labour` here, he said the International Labour Organisation had launched the Day in 2002 so that young children could be protected against the menace.
"Child labour will eat into the basic rights of the children, besides depriving them of opportunities to get education and health facilities," he said.
The rally and mobile propaganda were organized by Puducherry based Multi Purpose Social Service Society and also NGO Child line organisation.
Officials of the Department of Women and Children, local legislator K Lakshminarayanan and functionaries of PMSSS were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?