`Child labour should be eradicated without delay`
Puducherry: Welfare Minister P Rajavelu today urged NGOs, government agencies and volunteers with social outlook to ensure early eradication of child labour through their unmitigated and sustained initiatives.
Kickstarting a children`s rally and a mobile propaganda on the occasion of celebration of `World Day against Child Labour` here, he said the International Labour Organisation had launched the Day in 2002 so that young children could be protected against the menace.
"Child labour will eat into the basic rights of the children, besides depriving them of opportunities to get education and health facilities," he said.
The rally and mobile propaganda were organized by Puducherry based Multi Purpose Social Service Society and also NGO Child line organisation.
Officials of the Department of Women and Children, local legislator K Lakshminarayanan and functionaries of PMSSS were among those present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi