CM owes explanation on current fiscal crisis: DMK
Puducherry: Opposition DMK Thursday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy led AINRC government release a white paper on the present `financial crisis` facing it.
Convenor of Puducherry State committee of DMK, M A S Subramanian said in a release that diversion of funds from plan schemes to non plan programmes had been the chief cause of imbroglios in availability of funds.
Instead of framing plans according to available funds, the Chief Minister was now issuing statements that full statehood alone was the key to end the financial crisis, he said.
Subramanian said he was at a loss to understand the Chief Minister`s reported view of there being political intervention in the administration and demanded that he specifically point out which department was affected.
He urged Rangasamy to bring out with a white paper on department wise allocation of funds in the budget he presented in July 2012, the quantum of money spent so far and funds diverted to non plan sector in the Union Territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre