CM owes explanation on current fiscal crisis: DMK
Puducherry: Opposition DMK Thursday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy led AINRC government release a white paper on the present `financial crisis` facing it.
Convenor of Puducherry State committee of DMK, M A S Subramanian said in a release that diversion of funds from plan schemes to non plan programmes had been the chief cause of imbroglios in availability of funds.
Instead of framing plans according to available funds, the Chief Minister was now issuing statements that full statehood alone was the key to end the financial crisis, he said.
Subramanian said he was at a loss to understand the Chief Minister`s reported view of there being political intervention in the administration and demanded that he specifically point out which department was affected.
He urged Rangasamy to bring out with a white paper on department wise allocation of funds in the budget he presented in July 2012, the quantum of money spent so far and funds diverted to non plan sector in the Union Territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon