CM owes explanation on current fiscal crisis: DMK
Puducherry: Opposition DMK Thursday demanded that Chief Minister N Rangasamy led AINRC government release a white paper on the present `financial crisis` facing it.
Convenor of Puducherry State committee of DMK, M A S Subramanian said in a release that diversion of funds from plan schemes to non plan programmes had been the chief cause of imbroglios in availability of funds.
Instead of framing plans according to available funds, the Chief Minister was now issuing statements that full statehood alone was the key to end the financial crisis, he said.
Subramanian said he was at a loss to understand the Chief Minister`s reported view of there being political intervention in the administration and demanded that he specifically point out which department was affected.
He urged Rangasamy to bring out with a white paper on department wise allocation of funds in the budget he presented in July 2012, the quantum of money spent so far and funds diverted to non plan sector in the Union Territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack