Cong seeks Lt Guv`s intervention on law and order
Puducherry: Opposition Congress in Puducherry
today urged Lt Governor of Puducherry Dr Iqbal Singh to ensure
that the territorial administration took speedy and effective
steps to protect law and order and more specifically the
business community facing threats and attacks at the hands of
anti-social elements of late.
A detailed petition was presented to the Secretary to Lt
Governor of Puducherry R.Udipta Ray at Rajnivas by a
delegation of the Congress pushing the plea for steps to nab
the accused engaging in coercion and threats to rob
businessmen of cash and their properties.
Leader of the opposition and former Chief Minister of
Puducherry V.Vaithilingam, who was in the delegation, said
they had requested the Lt Governor to immediately convene a
meeting of officials of the Police and the Home Department to
work out an action plan after reviewing the law and order
He also accused the AINRC Government of `failure` to
alleviate the sufferings of the farmers, fishermen and others
affected by the cyclone Thane in December last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'