Congress MLAs observe sit in agitation inside assembly
Puducherry: The monsoon session of Puducherry assembly adjourned sine die after adopting a resolution condoling the death of former AIADMK legislator P K Lokanathan and passing of a Bill tabled by the Chief Minister N Rangasamy.
Even as the Chief Minister started reading out the contents of the condolence resolution AIADMK memebers started airing grievances against the government. Party floor leader A Anbalagan alleged that the government had failed to implement any of the schemes promised.
Speaker V Sabapathy said no part of the speech and allegations Anbalagan had made would go on record as they were all expunged.
Protesting against the ruling of the Speaker all the legislators of the AIADMK staged a walk out.
The House stood in silence for a couple of minutes in memory of Lokanathan who died on November 14 after a brief illness.
The House transacted other scheduled business including adopting of a Bill amending the Puducherry Value Added Tax Act and adjourned sine die.
Even after adjournment, all MLAs belonging to opposition Congress continued to remain inside the House and Leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam who led the "sit in agitation" said that the Speaker should have clarified as to for how many days the House would have its sitting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof