Congress seeks Kalyanasundaram’s dismissal
Puducherry: Opposition Congress in Pudcucherry
on Monday urged Lt Governor Iqbal Singh to recommend to the Centre
for the dismissal of Education Minister PML Kalyanasundaram
as he was facing criminal charges for allegedly using a proxy
to write the Class X public examination.
Talking to reporters, opposition leader V Vaithilingam, who
led a delegation to submit a memorandum to Singh demanding
recommendation to the Centre for the minister`s dismissal,
told reporters that "charges filed against Kalyanasundaram are
so serious that he should not continue in the ministry”.
The minister was summoned by Tamil Nadu police yesterday to
appear before it on Tuesday for questioning after a case was
registered against him for allegedly using a proxy to write
Union Minister of State for PMO office V Narayanasamy said
if Kalyanasundaram continued to be a minister, there was
possibility of him tampering with evidences.
PCC leader A V Subramaniam said the Lt Governor had assured
the delegation that he would seek clarification from Chief
Minister on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka