Congress seeks Kalyanasundaram’s dismissal
Puducherry: Opposition Congress in Pudcucherry
on Monday urged Lt Governor Iqbal Singh to recommend to the Centre
for the dismissal of Education Minister PML Kalyanasundaram
as he was facing criminal charges for allegedly using a proxy
to write the Class X public examination.
Talking to reporters, opposition leader V Vaithilingam, who
led a delegation to submit a memorandum to Singh demanding
recommendation to the Centre for the minister`s dismissal,
told reporters that "charges filed against Kalyanasundaram are
so serious that he should not continue in the ministry”.
The minister was summoned by Tamil Nadu police yesterday to
appear before it on Tuesday for questioning after a case was
registered against him for allegedly using a proxy to write
Union Minister of State for PMO office V Narayanasamy said
if Kalyanasundaram continued to be a minister, there was
possibility of him tampering with evidences.
PCC leader A V Subramaniam said the Lt Governor had assured
the delegation that he would seek clarification from Chief
Minister on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal