Congress to take out rally on September 21
Puducherry: Congress would take out a rally and hold a demonstration near the Assembly on September 21 to condemn `failure of the AINRC Government to maintain law and order in the Union Territory`.
The decision to stage the protest was taken at joint meeting of leaders and functionaries of Congress at the party office here yesterday, PCC leader A V Subramanian said.
Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy, Rajya Sabha member P Kannan, leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam and Subramanian were among those who attended the meeting.
Narayanasamy welcomed the "initiatives" of Lt Governor Virendra Kataria to ensure peace.
`Whenever the Chief Minister failed to discharge his duties to ensure law and order the Lt Governor would step in as custodian of the Constitution in Puducherry`, he said justifying the visits of Khataria different areas to ascertain law and order situation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India