Congress to take out rally on September 21
Puducherry: Congress would take out a rally and hold a demonstration near the Assembly on September 21 to condemn `failure of the AINRC Government to maintain law and order in the Union Territory`.
The decision to stage the protest was taken at joint meeting of leaders and functionaries of Congress at the party office here yesterday, PCC leader A V Subramanian said.
Union Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy, Rajya Sabha member P Kannan, leader of the opposition V Vaithilingam and Subramanian were among those who attended the meeting.
Narayanasamy welcomed the "initiatives" of Lt Governor Virendra Kataria to ensure peace.
`Whenever the Chief Minister failed to discharge his duties to ensure law and order the Lt Governor would step in as custodian of the Constitution in Puducherry`, he said justifying the visits of Khataria different areas to ascertain law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack