Cyclone Helen: Puducherry CM seeks Rs 9 cr relief
Puducherry: Chief Minister N Rangasamy has sought Rs nine crore central aid to fishermen, agriculturists and those who lost their homes in `Cyclone Helen` in Yanam region, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
He said the Union Territory had from its own funds initiated steps to provide aid and that he would visit Yanam on on December 10 to distribute relief to the affected people.
"In the meanwhile, we have sought Rs nine crore from the Centre to manage the situation", he said.
Around 285 hectares of farmlands with paddy ready for harvest and more than 485 fishing boats were lost in the cyclone. One fisherman was killed in the storm in Yanam which suffered damage when the storm hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?