Cyclone Helen: Puducherry CM seeks Rs 9 cr relief
Puducherry: Chief Minister N Rangasamy has sought Rs nine crore central aid to fishermen, agriculturists and those who lost their homes in `Cyclone Helen` in Yanam region, an enclave of Puducherry in Andhra Pradesh.
He said the Union Territory had from its own funds initiated steps to provide aid and that he would visit Yanam on on December 10 to distribute relief to the affected people.
"In the meanwhile, we have sought Rs nine crore from the Centre to manage the situation", he said.
Around 285 hectares of farmlands with paddy ready for harvest and more than 485 fishing boats were lost in the cyclone. One fisherman was killed in the storm in Yanam which suffered damage when the storm hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench