Daman, Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli demand separate assembly
Daman: A rally was organised demanding constitution of an Assembly in the Union Territories of Daman, Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli here.
Under the leadership of Daman and Diu zilla panchayat president Ketan Patel, youths took out a peaceful rally on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti from Somnath junction.
Addressing the gathering, Patel, who is also a Congress leader, said that Daman, Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli are two different Union Territories administered by officers from Delhi.
He said people have to face numerous problems to get their work done from the officers due to the absence of Assembly.
In order to obtain a passport, residents have to go all the way to Mumbai. Similarly, they have to go to Mumbai to fight legal cases in the Bombay High Court, he said.
Patel further added that there were no schemes for upliftment of tourism and industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan