Daman, Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli demand separate assembly
Daman: A rally was organised demanding constitution of an Assembly in the Union Territories of Daman, Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli here.
Under the leadership of Daman and Diu zilla panchayat president Ketan Patel, youths took out a peaceful rally on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti from Somnath junction.
Addressing the gathering, Patel, who is also a Congress leader, said that Daman, Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli are two different Union Territories administered by officers from Delhi.
He said people have to face numerous problems to get their work done from the officers due to the absence of Assembly.
In order to obtain a passport, residents have to go all the way to Mumbai. Similarly, they have to go to Mumbai to fight legal cases in the Bombay High Court, he said.
Patel further added that there were no schemes for upliftment of tourism and industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?