Daman, Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli demand separate assembly
Daman: A rally was organised demanding constitution of an Assembly in the Union Territories of Daman, Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli here.
Under the leadership of Daman and Diu zilla panchayat president Ketan Patel, youths took out a peaceful rally on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti from Somnath junction.
Addressing the gathering, Patel, who is also a Congress leader, said that Daman, Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli are two different Union Territories administered by officers from Delhi.
He said people have to face numerous problems to get their work done from the officers due to the absence of Assembly.
In order to obtain a passport, residents have to go all the way to Mumbai. Similarly, they have to go to Mumbai to fight legal cases in the Bombay High Court, he said.
Patel further added that there were no schemes for upliftment of tourism and industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA