Dharna in Leh in support of Hazare
Leh: Supporters of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare today called for a day-long dharna and a protest march to the office of the District Commissioner.
Thousands of supporters and several political and civil society organisations today decided to sit on the dharna as a mark of support for Hazare`s campaign.
"It is our responsibility to support such a leader (Hazare) who is struggling against corruption without having any political or other interests," Thupstan Chhewang, former Member of Parliament from Ladakh, said while addressing the supporters.
The protests here are being organised under the leadership of civil society activist Pintu Norboo.
"The people of the country are now sick of seeing and hearing about corruption and want a revolution against this," Norboo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube