Dharna in Leh in support of Hazare
Leh: Supporters of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare today called for a day-long dharna and a protest march to the office of the District Commissioner.
Thousands of supporters and several political and civil society organisations today decided to sit on the dharna as a mark of support for Hazare`s campaign.
"It is our responsibility to support such a leader (Hazare) who is struggling against corruption without having any political or other interests," Thupstan Chhewang, former Member of Parliament from Ladakh, said while addressing the supporters.
The protests here are being organised under the leadership of civil society activist Pintu Norboo.
"The people of the country are now sick of seeing and hearing about corruption and want a revolution against this," Norboo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners