Dharna in Leh in support of Hazare
Leh: Supporters of anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare today called for a day-long dharna and a protest march to the office of the District Commissioner.
Thousands of supporters and several political and civil society organisations today decided to sit on the dharna as a mark of support for Hazare`s campaign.
"It is our responsibility to support such a leader (Hazare) who is struggling against corruption without having any political or other interests," Thupstan Chhewang, former Member of Parliament from Ladakh, said while addressing the supporters.
The protests here are being organised under the leadership of civil society activist Pintu Norboo.
"The people of the country are now sick of seeing and hearing about corruption and want a revolution against this," Norboo said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley