DMK condemns govt`s `failure` to maintain law and order
Puducherry: Opposition DMK on Wednesday staged a demonstration a short distance from the Assembly campus to condemn the `failure` of AINRC government to maintain law and order and also provide efficient administration.
DMK`s local unit convenor Dr MAS Subramanian, former chief minister RV Janakiraman, party legislators and functionaries of different wings of the party participated in the demonstration.
Dr Subramanian said the reputation that Puducherry had established as a haven of peace had now become a thing of the past with anti-social elements ruling the roost. Government had also failed to take steps to protect the public, particularly the business community, from the activities of such people, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police