DMK condemns govt`s `failure` to maintain law and order
Puducherry: Opposition DMK on Wednesday staged a demonstration a short distance from the Assembly campus to condemn the `failure` of AINRC government to maintain law and order and also provide efficient administration.
DMK`s local unit convenor Dr MAS Subramanian, former chief minister RV Janakiraman, party legislators and functionaries of different wings of the party participated in the demonstration.
Dr Subramanian said the reputation that Puducherry had established as a haven of peace had now become a thing of the past with anti-social elements ruling the roost. Government had also failed to take steps to protect the public, particularly the business community, from the activities of such people, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India