DMK flays Pondy govt on MBBS quota issue
Puducherry: The DMK Thursday lambasted the Rangasamy-led AINRC government here for `failure` to ensure that private medical colleges earmarked 50 per cent of the total seats available in MBBS course for government.
DMK`s Puducherry unit convener, M.A.S.Subramanian said in a release here that it was during the DMK regime in 1990 that such a condition was introduced. But the successive Congress government and the present AINRC administration had not cared to ensure that the quota was available, he alleged.
Students were now finding it difficult to meet the fees charged by the private managements and even to get a seat was a difficulty, the DMK leader said and urged the government to ensure that the private medical colleges adhered to meeting the quota stipulation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31