DMK to observe bandh on Lankan Tamils issue
Puducherry: The dawn-to-dusk general strike called by DMK-backed TESO in Tamil Nadu on March 12 over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue would be observed in neighbouring Puducherry also, the party`s local unit said here Wednesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK M A S Subramanian said party patriarch and founder leader of Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisations (TESO) M.Karunanidhi had called for the general strike in Tamil Nadu on March 12 and Puducherry would also observe the bandh that day.
He appealed to the public, traders, workers, students, supporters of Tamil cause and all sections of people to support the strike call.
TESO gave the bandh call to mount pressure on the Centre to support the US-sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming