DMK to observe bandh on Lankan Tamils issue
Puducherry: The dawn-to-dusk general strike called by DMK-backed TESO in Tamil Nadu on March 12 over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue would be observed in neighbouring Puducherry also, the party`s local unit said here Wednesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK M A S Subramanian said party patriarch and founder leader of Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisations (TESO) M.Karunanidhi had called for the general strike in Tamil Nadu on March 12 and Puducherry would also observe the bandh that day.
He appealed to the public, traders, workers, students, supporters of Tamil cause and all sections of people to support the strike call.
TESO gave the bandh call to mount pressure on the Centre to support the US-sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj