DMK to observe bandh on Lankan Tamils issue
Puducherry: The dawn-to-dusk general strike called by DMK-backed TESO in Tamil Nadu on March 12 over the Sri Lankan Tamils issue would be observed in neighbouring Puducherry also, the party`s local unit said here Wednesday.
Convenor of Puducherry unit of DMK M A S Subramanian said party patriarch and founder leader of Tamil Eelam Supporters Organisations (TESO) M.Karunanidhi had called for the general strike in Tamil Nadu on March 12 and Puducherry would also observe the bandh that day.
He appealed to the public, traders, workers, students, supporters of Tamil cause and all sections of people to support the strike call.
TESO gave the bandh call to mount pressure on the Centre to support the US-sponsored resolution against Sri Lanka at the UN Human Rights Council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...