Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 hits Nicobar Islands
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale jolted Nicobar Islands on Friday, the US Geological Survey said.
The epicenter, with a depth of 41.70 km, was initially determined to be at 8.6396 degrees north latitude and 93.7918 degrees east longitude.
However, there was no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
The 5.5 magnitude earthquake occurred at 7.08 pm, an Indian Met Department (IMD) report said.
The quake, at a depth of 10km from sea level, took place in the Nicobar Island region, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH