Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 hits Nicobar Islands
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale jolted Nicobar Islands on Friday, the US Geological Survey said.
The epicenter, with a depth of 41.70 km, was initially determined to be at 8.6396 degrees north latitude and 93.7918 degrees east longitude.
However, there was no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
The 5.5 magnitude earthquake occurred at 7.08 pm, an Indian Met Department (IMD) report said.
The quake, at a depth of 10km from sea level, took place in the Nicobar Island region, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them