Earthquake of magnitude 5.5 hits Nicobar Islands
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: An earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter scale jolted Nicobar Islands on Friday, the US Geological Survey said.
The epicenter, with a depth of 41.70 km, was initially determined to be at 8.6396 degrees north latitude and 93.7918 degrees east longitude.
However, there was no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
The 5.5 magnitude earthquake occurred at 7.08 pm, an Indian Met Department (IMD) report said.
The quake, at a depth of 10km from sea level, took place in the Nicobar Island region, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends