Elections for 12 gram panchayats in Chandigarh on December 15
Chandigarh: Elections to 12 gram panchayats in Chandigarh will be held on December 15 and the model code of conduct came into force in the rural areas on Friday.
The term of all the present 12 panchayats will expire in January next year, a spokesman said here today.
"The State Election Commission, UT Chandigarh in consultation with the Administrator, UT Chandigarh, has decided to hold the next general elections to all the 12 gram panchayats in Chandigarh on December 15, before the date of expiry of their term," he said.
The gram panchayats where the post of `sarpanch` (village head) is reserved are Kishangarh, Kaimbwala, Behlana, Raipur Kalan, Makhanmajra and Khuda Jassu.
The model code of conduct has come into force in the rural areas of Chandigarh from today, the spokesman said.
"Election advertisements to be given by candidate on TV channels and for cable operators will be regulated by the area Sub-Divisional Magistrate for granting prior permission," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman