Elections for 12 gram panchayats in Chandigarh on December 15
Chandigarh: Elections to 12 gram panchayats in Chandigarh will be held on December 15 and the model code of conduct came into force in the rural areas on Friday.
The term of all the present 12 panchayats will expire in January next year, a spokesman said here today.
"The State Election Commission, UT Chandigarh in consultation with the Administrator, UT Chandigarh, has decided to hold the next general elections to all the 12 gram panchayats in Chandigarh on December 15, before the date of expiry of their term," he said.
The gram panchayats where the post of `sarpanch` (village head) is reserved are Kishangarh, Kaimbwala, Behlana, Raipur Kalan, Makhanmajra and Khuda Jassu.
The model code of conduct has come into force in the rural areas of Chandigarh from today, the spokesman said.
"Election advertisements to be given by candidate on TV channels and for cable operators will be regulated by the area Sub-Divisional Magistrate for granting prior permission," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: India Red crush India Green by 219 runs
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue