Estranged husband of engineering student stabs her in Puducherry
Puducherry: A 22-year old engineering student who has applied for divorce within eight months after marrying her senior was on Wednesday stabbed by him at the bus terminal here, injuring her.
The woman, doing her fourth year engineering in a private college, was injured in the neck and shoulder and admitted to government hospital, where her condition was stated to be out of danger, police said.
The man was overpowered by the passersby and handed over to police who arrested him and filed an attempt to murder case.
She was in love with the man, one year senior to her, and they got married last March without the consent of her parents.
Subsequently, the woman applied for divorce in a court in November last, on the ground that her husband had bad habits.
Irked by her refusal to withdraw the divorce plea, the man attacked her when she was waiting to board a bus in the busy municipal terminal in broad day light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi