Estranged husband of engineering student stabs her in Puducherry
Puducherry: A 22-year old engineering student who has applied for divorce within eight months after marrying her senior was on Wednesday stabbed by him at the bus terminal here, injuring her.
The woman, doing her fourth year engineering in a private college, was injured in the neck and shoulder and admitted to government hospital, where her condition was stated to be out of danger, police said.
The man was overpowered by the passersby and handed over to police who arrested him and filed an attempt to murder case.
She was in love with the man, one year senior to her, and they got married last March without the consent of her parents.
Subsequently, the woman applied for divorce in a court in November last, on the ground that her husband had bad habits.
Irked by her refusal to withdraw the divorce plea, the man attacked her when she was waiting to board a bus in the busy municipal terminal in broad day light.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list