Expo `Made In Pakistan` starts in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: More than 48 exhibitors from Pakistan are showcasing their products in an exhibition `Made in Pakistan` which started here on Friday.
After inaugurating the fair, Pawan Kumar Bansal, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs and Science and Technology and Earth Sciences said, "There is potential for bilateral
trade to go up to an estimated USD 6.5 billion from the current USD 2 billion. Cross-border trade requires the movement of people and investments and both the countries are working towards increasing potential trade dynamics and economic activities."
The fair presents an exclusive range of products from almost all regions of Pakistan, including garments and embroidered fabric from Multan, Karachi and Lahore, ethnic footwear from Lahore and Multan, exclusive handicrafts from Swat Peshawar, decor products from Karachi, carved rosewood furniture from Peshawar, and designer melamine from Gujranwala.
Pakistan World Trade and Promotions CEO Khurshid Balras said, "Astonishingly, but true, major part of Pakistan`s current export goes to the European Union and US. Presently, only 5.5 percent of the Pakistan trade is done with SAARC counties, which stand a potential to improve it by 10 percent due to commonalities in cultures."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh