Fake driving licence racket busted in Andaman
Port Blair: Police busted a fake driving
licence racket in the capital city of the Union Territory of
Andaman and Nicobar Islands and arrested eight persons for
forgery and cheating, a senior police officer said in Port Blair.
On tip-off, the kingpin of the racket Mohd Sajid (22), a
resident of South Point along with his associates Abdul Sajid
(25) and KP Ibrahim (27) were nabbed by a special police team
while trying to deliver fake driving licence to customers,
Additional Superintendent of Police, South Andaman, Chinmoy
Biswal told PTI.
Four licenses along with pen drive were recovered from
them. Further, articles used in forging the documents such as
laminating sheets, passport size photographs of persons, micro
chip were recovered from house search.
Mohd. Sajid was running this business along with Abdul
Sajid and K.P.Ibrahim by forging driving licences on a
computer in an internet cafe and supplying them to
unscrupulous customers for up to Rs 5000, the ASP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!