Five foreigners carrying arms detained in Andaman
Port Blair: Five foreigners carrying arms and ammunition were detained after their boat was intercepted by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Diglipur coast in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an ICG spokesman said here Tuesday.
Four Thai and one Myanmarese nationals were detained after their boat was stopped by ICG ship `Akkadevi`, about 40 nautical mile south east off the coast on September six.
The foreigners did not have any valid document. After a search some arms and ammunition were found in the boat, they said.
The boat was brought to Diglipur on September seven and the foreigners were handed over to police for interrogation, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened