Five foreigners carrying arms detained in Andaman
Port Blair: Five foreigners carrying arms and ammunition were detained after their boat was intercepted by the Indian Coast Guard (ICG) off Diglipur coast in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an ICG spokesman said here Tuesday.
Four Thai and one Myanmarese nationals were detained after their boat was stopped by ICG ship `Akkadevi`, about 40 nautical mile south east off the coast on September six.
The foreigners did not have any valid document. After a search some arms and ammunition were found in the boat, they said.
The boat was brought to Diglipur on September seven and the foreigners were handed over to police for interrogation, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price