Food Security Bill will not help Cong in elections: BJP
Chandigarh: Attacking the Congress-led UPA government for its "failure" on all fronts, BJP today said the passage of Food Security Bill will not bring electoral gain to the ruling party in the next Lok Sabha polls.
"Congress will not be able to take advantage of anything because people are not ready to accept a Congress-led government for another five years. At macro as well as micro level, every component of the society is against the policies of the Congress," BJP National General Secretary P Muralidhar Rao told reporters here today.
On Food Security Bill which was passed by the Lok Sabha yesterday, he said the government would have to ensure foodgrain availability, enough storage capacity and effective public distribution system for its implementation.
"Congress has brought the Food Security Bill without any preparation like foodgrain availability... If at anytime, the government resorts to foodgrain import in the wake of its deficiency, the prices of foodgrain commodities in international market will rise in a big way," he said.
The UPA government had "nothing to offer" to the people as it had "failed" to address various issues including economic slowdown, corruption, inflation, rupee depreciation, he said.
Criticising the UPA government for "not being able" to arrest the "free-fall" of rupee against US dollar despite taking several steps, Rao said Indian currency had not faced the kind of depreciation in the recent past as it was facing now.
Dubbing Narendra Modi as the "game changer" for BJP, Rao said in the past several decades no Chief Minister had gained such popularity and acceptability among people.
"Congress has no leader to project and it has no confidence (in itself) that is why they are attacking Modi every time," he said.
Stating that the BJP was the only party capable of offering a stable government at the Centre, Rao said the party was ready to face elections whenever they were announced.
Asked about the prolonged absence of BJP MP Navjot Sidhu from Amritsar constituency, Rao while evading a direct reply said, "Sidhu is a very important leader of the party and is active on organisational front and attends meetings of office bearers."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared