Former Puducherry Assembly Speaker quits Congress, politics
Puducherry: Former speaker of Puducherry Assembly and Congress leader R Radhakrishnan on Tuesday announced he was quitting politics.
He said he has sent a letter to Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) President AV Subramanian resigning from `all responsibilities in the party`.
A two-time MLA, Radhakrishnan told PTI that he was not not pleased with the present political scenario and hence renunciated politics as such.
Asked if he planned to join any other party he said `I will not do so as I am not pleased with politics as such`.
Replying to another question, he said "I have no grouse or complaint against the Congress."
Radhakrishnan was elected on Congress ticket from Kuruvinatham constituency twice consecutively from 2001.
He was Speaker of the assembly between 2006 and 2011.
He was defeated in the 2011 elections by the present Education Minister T Thiagarajan (AINRC) in Bahoor constituency.
Delimitation had resulted in merger of Kuruvinatham with Bahoor constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!