Former Puducherry Assembly Speaker quits Congress, politics
Puducherry: Former speaker of Puducherry Assembly and Congress leader R Radhakrishnan on Tuesday announced he was quitting politics.
He said he has sent a letter to Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) President AV Subramanian resigning from `all responsibilities in the party`.
A two-time MLA, Radhakrishnan told PTI that he was not not pleased with the present political scenario and hence renunciated politics as such.
Asked if he planned to join any other party he said `I will not do so as I am not pleased with politics as such`.
Replying to another question, he said "I have no grouse or complaint against the Congress."
Radhakrishnan was elected on Congress ticket from Kuruvinatham constituency twice consecutively from 2001.
He was Speaker of the assembly between 2006 and 2011.
He was defeated in the 2011 elections by the present Education Minister T Thiagarajan (AINRC) in Bahoor constituency.
Delimitation had resulted in merger of Kuruvinatham with Bahoor constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Minor gang-raped in UP's Etah
- Three drowned as car plunges into canal in UP
- After clinching historic silver medal, here's what PV Sindhu was allowed to do by coach Pullela Gopichand
- Welspun India hires Ernst & Young to probe US export lapses
- BIZARRE PUNISHMENT! Kim Jong-Un to make North Korean athletes, who could not win medals in Rio Olympics, work in coal mines?