French Republic day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: French nationals residing in this former French colony today celebrated the 225th Republic Day (Fete National) of France on Monday.
District Collector S B Deepak Kumar, representing the Lt Governor, and the Deputy French Consul General in Puducherry Helene Charpin were among those who paid homage at the statue of `Soldat Inconnu` (Unknown Soldier) on the beach road.
The band wing of Puducherry police presented national songs of India and France on the occasion.
Representatives of various retired French military and civil service personnel also placed wreaths at the statue and stood in silence for a couple of minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'