French Republic day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: French nationals residing in this former French colony today celebrated the 225th Republic Day (Fete National) of France on Monday.
District Collector S B Deepak Kumar, representing the Lt Governor, and the Deputy French Consul General in Puducherry Helene Charpin were among those who paid homage at the statue of `Soldat Inconnu` (Unknown Soldier) on the beach road.
The band wing of Puducherry police presented national songs of India and France on the occasion.
Representatives of various retired French military and civil service personnel also placed wreaths at the statue and stood in silence for a couple of minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati