French Republic day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: French nationals residing in this former French colony today celebrated the 225th Republic Day (Fete National) of France on Monday.
District Collector S B Deepak Kumar, representing the Lt Governor, and the Deputy French Consul General in Puducherry Helene Charpin were among those who paid homage at the statue of `Soldat Inconnu` (Unknown Soldier) on the beach road.
The band wing of Puducherry police presented national songs of India and France on the occasion.
Representatives of various retired French military and civil service personnel also placed wreaths at the statue and stood in silence for a couple of minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home