French Republic day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: French nationals residing in this former French colony today celebrated the 225th Republic Day (Fete National) of France on Monday.
District Collector S B Deepak Kumar, representing the Lt Governor, and the Deputy French Consul General in Puducherry Helene Charpin were among those who paid homage at the statue of `Soldat Inconnu` (Unknown Soldier) on the beach road.
The band wing of Puducherry police presented national songs of India and France on the occasion.
Representatives of various retired French military and civil service personnel also placed wreaths at the statue and stood in silence for a couple of minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH