French Republic day celebrated in Puducherry
Puducherry: French nationals residing in this former French colony today celebrated the 225th Republic Day (Fete National) of France on Monday.
District Collector S B Deepak Kumar, representing the Lt Governor, and the Deputy French Consul General in Puducherry Helene Charpin were among those who paid homage at the statue of `Soldat Inconnu` (Unknown Soldier) on the beach road.
The band wing of Puducherry police presented national songs of India and France on the occasion.
Representatives of various retired French military and civil service personnel also placed wreaths at the statue and stood in silence for a couple of minutes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi