Govt-owned textile mill workers stage dharna in Puducherry
Puducherry: Workers of the Puducherry government owned Anglo French textiles on Wednesday staged a dharna at the mill near here demanding that the management disburse wages due to them for last five months.
A delegation of the workers belonging to different unions held talks with Chief Minister N Rangasamy later at his office and following an assurance that their demand would be conceded soon they withdrew their agitation, workers said.
The mill bore the brunt of the cyclone Thane that hit Puducherry in December 2011. Steps were taken to restore the working of the mill in October last year through an action plan evolved by the management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India