Govt-owned textile mill workers stage dharna in Puducherry
Puducherry: Workers of the Puducherry government owned Anglo French textiles on Wednesday staged a dharna at the mill near here demanding that the management disburse wages due to them for last five months.
A delegation of the workers belonging to different unions held talks with Chief Minister N Rangasamy later at his office and following an assurance that their demand would be conceded soon they withdrew their agitation, workers said.
The mill bore the brunt of the cyclone Thane that hit Puducherry in December 2011. Steps were taken to restore the working of the mill in October last year through an action plan evolved by the management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'