Govt-owned textile mill workers stage dharna in Puducherry
Puducherry: Workers of the Puducherry government owned Anglo French textiles on Wednesday staged a dharna at the mill near here demanding that the management disburse wages due to them for last five months.
A delegation of the workers belonging to different unions held talks with Chief Minister N Rangasamy later at his office and following an assurance that their demand would be conceded soon they withdrew their agitation, workers said.
The mill bore the brunt of the cyclone Thane that hit Puducherry in December 2011. Steps were taken to restore the working of the mill in October last year through an action plan evolved by the management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days