Gutkha, paanmasala banned in Puducherry
Puducherry: Gutkha and pan masala have been banned in the Union Territory with immediate effect.
An order banning the manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of `gutkha and pan masala` and other food products having tobacco and nicotine as ingredients was issued on June 18 by Commissioner of Food Safety G Ragesh Chandra, official sources said today.
The ban under the provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006, a central act, would be in force for one year and had been imposed in the interest of public health.
Any violation of the ban order would entail action under the criminal law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record