Gutkha, paanmasala banned in Puducherry
Puducherry: Gutkha and pan masala have been banned in the Union Territory with immediate effect.
An order banning the manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of `gutkha and pan masala` and other food products having tobacco and nicotine as ingredients was issued on June 18 by Commissioner of Food Safety G Ragesh Chandra, official sources said today.
The ban under the provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006, a central act, would be in force for one year and had been imposed in the interest of public health.
Any violation of the ban order would entail action under the criminal law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur