Gutkha, paanmasala banned in Puducherry
Puducherry: Gutkha and pan masala have been banned in the Union Territory with immediate effect.
An order banning the manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of `gutkha and pan masala` and other food products having tobacco and nicotine as ingredients was issued on June 18 by Commissioner of Food Safety G Ragesh Chandra, official sources said today.
The ban under the provisions of the Food Safety and Standards Act 2006, a central act, would be in force for one year and had been imposed in the interest of public health.
Any violation of the ban order would entail action under the criminal law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you