Haryana industrial workers to get Leave Travel Concession
Chandigarh: Haryana government has introduced a scheme to provide financial assistance of Rs 1,000 to industrial workers in form of Leave Travel Concession (LTC) to visit religious places.
Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Lal Sharma today said aim of the scheme was to provide an opportunity to industrial workers to visit famous religious places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Ajmer, Amritsar and Mata Vishno Devi Mandir.
Under the Kanyadan Yojna, Rs 51,000 was being provided to workers for their daughters` marriage, he said, adding the benefit of the scheme was available only up to two daughters.
Rs 12.35 crore have already been distributed to 6,565 dependents of industrial workers under the scheme, he added.
The government was also implementing a scholarship scheme for children of industrial workers who have secured 50 per cent or above marks in examinations conducted by schools, boards or universities, under which financial help ranging from Rs 2,000 to Rs 12,000 would be given, the Minister said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory