Haryana industrial workers to get Leave Travel Concession
Chandigarh: Haryana government has introduced a scheme to provide financial assistance of Rs 1,000 to industrial workers in form of Leave Travel Concession (LTC) to visit religious places.
Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Lal Sharma today said aim of the scheme was to provide an opportunity to industrial workers to visit famous religious places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Ajmer, Amritsar and Mata Vishno Devi Mandir.
Under the Kanyadan Yojna, Rs 51,000 was being provided to workers for their daughters` marriage, he said, adding the benefit of the scheme was available only up to two daughters.
Rs 12.35 crore have already been distributed to 6,565 dependents of industrial workers under the scheme, he added.
The government was also implementing a scholarship scheme for children of industrial workers who have secured 50 per cent or above marks in examinations conducted by schools, boards or universities, under which financial help ranging from Rs 2,000 to Rs 12,000 would be given, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says