Haryana industrial workers to get Leave Travel Concession
Chandigarh: Haryana government has introduced a scheme to provide financial assistance of Rs 1,000 to industrial workers in form of Leave Travel Concession (LTC) to visit religious places.
Minister of State for Labour and Employment Shiv Charan Lal Sharma today said aim of the scheme was to provide an opportunity to industrial workers to visit famous religious places like Haridwar, Rishikesh, Ajmer, Amritsar and Mata Vishno Devi Mandir.
Under the Kanyadan Yojna, Rs 51,000 was being provided to workers for their daughters` marriage, he said, adding the benefit of the scheme was available only up to two daughters.
Rs 12.35 crore have already been distributed to 6,565 dependents of industrial workers under the scheme, he added.
The government was also implementing a scholarship scheme for children of industrial workers who have secured 50 per cent or above marks in examinations conducted by schools, boards or universities, under which financial help ranging from Rs 2,000 to Rs 12,000 would be given, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday
- Pope Francis to pay `silent` visit to Auschwitz
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Rahul Gandhi's inflation-related speech ''baseless'', just wants to grab people's attention: BJP