Hearing in Sankararaman murder case adjourned to July 26
Puducherry: A local court on Friday adjourned to July 26 hearing in the Sankararaman murder case in which the Kanchi Mutt seer Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the prime accused.
Principal District and Sessions Judge CS Murugan before whom the case came up adjourned it to that date due to a boycott of courts by advocates, Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss said.
Seventeen of the 23 accused were present in court. Vijayendra Saraswati was among those present while the senior pontiff was among the six absentees.
Sankararaman, Manager in the Varadarajaperumal temple in Kancheepuram (Tamilnadu) was allegedly murdered on September 3, 2004 on the premises of the temple and the two seers have been charged under IPC sections of 120-B (criminal conspiracy) and 302 (murder).
The trial was shifted to Puducherry from Kancheepuram court on an order of the Supreme court, issued on a petition from Jayendra Saraswathi in October 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday