Huge quantity of drugs seized, one held
Chandigarh: An alleged drug peddler was arrested and huge quantity of intoxicating substances were recovered from his possession in Mandi Adampur area in Hisar district, police said today.
During a joint raid by the officials of Haryana Food and Drug Administration and police, the accused, identified as Prince Brain, was nabbed and the contraband seized from him, they said.
The team recovered as many as 17,280 capsules of Dextropoxyphene and 1,860 bottles of Codeine syrup from him.
A case has been registered against him under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!