Huge quantity of drugs seized, one held
Chandigarh: An alleged drug peddler was arrested and huge quantity of intoxicating substances were recovered from his possession in Mandi Adampur area in Hisar district, police said today.
During a joint raid by the officials of Haryana Food and Drug Administration and police, the accused, identified as Prince Brain, was nabbed and the contraband seized from him, they said.
The team recovered as many as 17,280 capsules of Dextropoxyphene and 1,860 bottles of Codeine syrup from him.
A case has been registered against him under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Chinese Asst Minister terms border dispute and 'some other issues' as major challenges for Sino-Indian bilateral ties
- Arun Jaitley to meet PM Modi after Subramanian Swamy's tirade against FinMin bureaucrats
- Congress in-charge of Punjab meets Sonia
- Raghuram Rajan is no less patriotic, he loves India, says PM Narendra Modi
- Gold price gets a leg-up from global leads, jewellers' buying