Insurance amount handed over to bereaved family in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry Local Administration and Fisheries NG Panneerselvam on Wednesday handed a cheque for Rs one lakh to the bereaved family of a fisherman who died in a road accident a few months ago.
An official release said that the widow of the fisherman received the cheque sanctioned under the Centrally sponsored Fishermen Group Insurance Scheme.
Officials of the department of Fisheries and Fishermen Welfare were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police