Insurance amount handed over to bereaved family in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry Local Administration and Fisheries NG Panneerselvam on Wednesday handed a cheque for Rs one lakh to the bereaved family of a fisherman who died in a road accident a few months ago.
An official release said that the widow of the fisherman received the cheque sanctioned under the Centrally sponsored Fishermen Group Insurance Scheme.
Officials of the department of Fisheries and Fishermen Welfare were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'