Insurance amount handed over to bereaved family in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry Local Administration and Fisheries NG Panneerselvam on Wednesday handed a cheque for Rs one lakh to the bereaved family of a fisherman who died in a road accident a few months ago.
An official release said that the widow of the fisherman received the cheque sanctioned under the Centrally sponsored Fishermen Group Insurance Scheme.
Officials of the department of Fisheries and Fishermen Welfare were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'