Insurance amount handed over to bereaved family in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry Local Administration and Fisheries NG Panneerselvam on Wednesday handed a cheque for Rs one lakh to the bereaved family of a fisherman who died in a road accident a few months ago.
An official release said that the widow of the fisherman received the cheque sanctioned under the Centrally sponsored Fishermen Group Insurance Scheme.
Officials of the department of Fisheries and Fishermen Welfare were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended