Insurance amount handed over to bereaved family in Puducherry
Puducherry: Puducherry Local Administration and Fisheries NG Panneerselvam on Wednesday handed a cheque for Rs one lakh to the bereaved family of a fisherman who died in a road accident a few months ago.
An official release said that the widow of the fisherman received the cheque sanctioned under the Centrally sponsored Fishermen Group Insurance Scheme.
Officials of the department of Fisheries and Fishermen Welfare were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls