Jewellery shop owners down shutters in Pondy
Puducherry: All jewellery shops in Puducherry
remained closed Thursday to mark the industry`s protest against the announcement of hike in excise duty on gold in the Union Budget.
Posters announcing the strike were pasted on each of all
the 300 shops in the town and its peripherals.
This is the third time since the presentation of the
budget on March 15 that jewellery shop owners have downed
A decision on future course of action would be taken by
the Association of Jewllery Shops Owners` shortly, a section
of jewellers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi