Jewellery shop owners down shutters in Pondy
Puducherry: All jewellery shops in Puducherry
remained closed Thursday to mark the industry`s protest against the announcement of hike in excise duty on gold in the Union Budget.
Posters announcing the strike were pasted on each of all
the 300 shops in the town and its peripherals.
This is the third time since the presentation of the
budget on March 15 that jewellery shop owners have downed
A decision on future course of action would be taken by
the Association of Jewllery Shops Owners` shortly, a section
of jewellers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- China says South Korea damaged 'mutual trust'
- Susan Rice urges `candour and openness` on Beijing visit
- Would love to star in a Bollywood film: Rick Hoffman
- All is not well between Kareena Kapoor Khan and Deepika Padukone? – Know why
- UNBELIEVABLE! This visually-impaired Pakistani singer's voice will give you goosebumps - WATCH