Jewellery shop owners down shutters in Pondy
Puducherry: All jewellery shops in Puducherry
remained closed Thursday to mark the industry`s protest against the announcement of hike in excise duty on gold in the Union Budget.
Posters announcing the strike were pasted on each of all
the 300 shops in the town and its peripherals.
This is the third time since the presentation of the
budget on March 15 that jewellery shop owners have downed
A decision on future course of action would be taken by
the Association of Jewllery Shops Owners` shortly, a section
of jewellers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round