Jewellery shop owners down shutters in Pondy
Puducherry: All jewellery shops in Puducherry
remained closed Thursday to mark the industry`s protest against the announcement of hike in excise duty on gold in the Union Budget.
Posters announcing the strike were pasted on each of all
the 300 shops in the town and its peripherals.
This is the third time since the presentation of the
budget on March 15 that jewellery shop owners have downed
A decision on future course of action would be taken by
the Association of Jewllery Shops Owners` shortly, a section
of jewellers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened