Karaikal declared `drought hit`
Puducherry: Karaikal, an enclave of Puducherry in the Cauvery delta belt of Tamil Nadu, was today declared drought hit.
Lt Governor Iqbal Singh issued an order declaring the region drought hit in view of "deficit and uneven distribution of rainfall in the north east monsoon and also following inadequate receipt of Cauvery water," a release said.
The territorial administration has already announced relief to farmers hit by the dry spell and loss of crop cultivation, the release from the Special Secretary to Department of Revenue and Disaster Management S Sundaravadivel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'