Karaikal declared `drought hit`
Puducherry: Karaikal, an enclave of Puducherry in the Cauvery delta belt of Tamil Nadu, was today declared drought hit.
Lt Governor Iqbal Singh issued an order declaring the region drought hit in view of "deficit and uneven distribution of rainfall in the north east monsoon and also following inadequate receipt of Cauvery water," a release said.
The territorial administration has already announced relief to farmers hit by the dry spell and loss of crop cultivation, the release from the Special Secretary to Department of Revenue and Disaster Management S Sundaravadivel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...