Karaikal declared `drought hit`
Puducherry: Karaikal, an enclave of Puducherry in the Cauvery delta belt of Tamil Nadu, was today declared drought hit.
Lt Governor Iqbal Singh issued an order declaring the region drought hit in view of "deficit and uneven distribution of rainfall in the north east monsoon and also following inadequate receipt of Cauvery water," a release said.
The territorial administration has already announced relief to farmers hit by the dry spell and loss of crop cultivation, the release from the Special Secretary to Department of Revenue and Disaster Management S Sundaravadivel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming