Kataria to take over as Puducherry Lt Governor
Puducherry: Former Rajya Sabha member Virendra Kataria will be sworn in as Lt Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on July 10.
Kataria will be administered the oath of office by acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court R K Agrawal at a function here, Raj Nivas sources said today.
Kataria, former Punjab Congress Committee president, will succeed Dr Iqbal Singh.
He will be the 21st Lt Governor of Puducherry since the former French colony merged with Indian Union in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'