Kataria to take over as Puducherry Lt Governor
Puducherry: Former Rajya Sabha member Virendra Kataria will be sworn in as Lt Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on July 10.
Kataria will be administered the oath of office by acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court R K Agrawal at a function here, Raj Nivas sources said today.
Kataria, former Punjab Congress Committee president, will succeed Dr Iqbal Singh.
He will be the 21st Lt Governor of Puducherry since the former French colony merged with Indian Union in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof