Kataria to take over as Puducherry Lt Governor
Puducherry: Former Rajya Sabha member Virendra Kataria will be sworn in as Lt Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on July 10.
Kataria will be administered the oath of office by acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court R K Agrawal at a function here, Raj Nivas sources said today.
Kataria, former Punjab Congress Committee president, will succeed Dr Iqbal Singh.
He will be the 21st Lt Governor of Puducherry since the former French colony merged with Indian Union in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city