Kataria to take over as Puducherry Lt Governor
Puducherry: Former Rajya Sabha member Virendra Kataria will be sworn in as Lt Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on July 10.
Kataria will be administered the oath of office by acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court R K Agrawal at a function here, Raj Nivas sources said today.
Kataria, former Punjab Congress Committee president, will succeed Dr Iqbal Singh.
He will be the 21st Lt Governor of Puducherry since the former French colony merged with Indian Union in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30