Kataria to take over as Puducherry Lt Governor
Puducherry: Former Rajya Sabha member Virendra Kataria will be sworn in as Lt Governor of Union Territory of Puducherry on July 10.
Kataria will be administered the oath of office by acting Chief Justice of Madras High Court R K Agrawal at a function here, Raj Nivas sources said today.
Kataria, former Punjab Congress Committee president, will succeed Dr Iqbal Singh.
He will be the 21st Lt Governor of Puducherry since the former French colony merged with Indian Union in 1954.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?