Kirron, Gul Panag file nomination for Chandigarh LS seat
Chandigarh: BJP candidate Kirron Kher and Gul Panag from the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) Friday filed their nominations for the Chandigarh Lok Sabha seat.
Kirron filed her papers with the returning officer here followed by Gul Panag, an election office spokesman said.
Kirron was accompanied by her actor husband Anupam Kher, local BJP President Sanjay Tandon two times ex-MP Satya Pal Jain.
Putting up a brave face despite meeting initial resistance from certain sections of the local BJP against her candidature, Kirron said that there were no differences within the party.
Asked about ex-MP Harmohan Dhawan, who was a front runner for the saffron party ticket, she said "I am confident that Dhawan will canvass for me."
Seeking to downplay the disaccord within Chandigarh BJP over Kirron`s candidature, her husband Anupam Kher said differences do surface in a family as well.
"Differences do occur among members of a family as well but these get resolved," he said.
He exuded confidence that the entire Chandigarh BJP leadership will support Kirron and "fall in line" reposing faith in her.
Meanwhile, Dhawan, who was conspicuous by his absence during Kirron`s nomination, continued to keep his cards close to his chest and maintained that he will take any decision after having feedback from his supporters here.
As Kirron left the venue, AAP`s candidate Gul Panag filed her nomination with the returning officer.
She was accompanied by her father H S Panag and other supporters.
Earlier incumbent MP Pawan Kumar Bansal of Congress, who has represented Chandigarh four times in the Lok Sabha, and Jannat Jahan of BSP had filed their nominations on last Tuesday.
Chandigarh is going to polls on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cycling: Yates attacks to win Vuelta sixth stage
- Rio Olympics fallout: Swimmer Ryan Lochte charged over false robbery claim
- Donald Trump`s anti-immigration stance spurs surge from Central America
- Israel rejects UN appeal to release Gaza employee
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France