Krishna assures Andamans governor on Haj pilgrims
Port Blair: External Affairs minister SM Krishna has written to the Anadamans Lt Governor Bhupinder Singh that the request for increased quota for Haj pilgrims from the islands would be given due attention.
The Lt Governor had informed the union minister that since the islands were far from the mainland, the Muslim population had to depend on the Haj Committee quota to go on the pilgrimmage.
He had, therefore, requested that the number of seats be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!