Krishna assures Andamans governor on Haj pilgrims
Port Blair: External Affairs minister SM Krishna has written to the Anadamans Lt Governor Bhupinder Singh that the request for increased quota for Haj pilgrims from the islands would be given due attention.
The Lt Governor had informed the union minister that since the islands were far from the mainland, the Muslim population had to depend on the Haj Committee quota to go on the pilgrimmage.
He had, therefore, requested that the number of seats be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city