Krishna assures Andamans governor on Haj pilgrims
Port Blair: External Affairs minister SM Krishna has written to the Anadamans Lt Governor Bhupinder Singh that the request for increased quota for Haj pilgrims from the islands would be given due attention.
The Lt Governor had informed the union minister that since the islands were far from the mainland, the Muslim population had to depend on the Haj Committee quota to go on the pilgrimmage.
He had, therefore, requested that the number of seats be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far