Krishna assures Andamans governor on Haj pilgrims
Port Blair: External Affairs minister SM Krishna has written to the Anadamans Lt Governor Bhupinder Singh that the request for increased quota for Haj pilgrims from the islands would be given due attention.
The Lt Governor had informed the union minister that since the islands were far from the mainland, the Muslim population had to depend on the Haj Committee quota to go on the pilgrimmage.
He had, therefore, requested that the number of seats be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends