Krishna assures Andamans governor on Haj pilgrims
Port Blair: External Affairs minister SM Krishna has written to the Anadamans Lt Governor Bhupinder Singh that the request for increased quota for Haj pilgrims from the islands would be given due attention.
The Lt Governor had informed the union minister that since the islands were far from the mainland, the Muslim population had to depend on the Haj Committee quota to go on the pilgrimmage.
He had, therefore, requested that the number of seats be increased.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'