Lanka vote: AIADMK calls for Puducherry bandh
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK has called for a
dawn-to-dusk bandh in the Union Territory of Puducherry on
March 21 to urge the Centre to support the US sponsored
resolution against Sri Lanka for alleged war crimes at the UN
Human Rights Council meeting at Geneva.
AIADMK Puducherry unit secretary A Anbalagan, MLA,
announced this at a press meet here today.
The protest was also aimed at condemning Chief Minister
N Rangasamy`s "sustained silence" without making clear his
government`s stand on the issue,he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead