Lanka vote: AIADMK calls for Puducherry bandh
Puducherry: Opposition AIADMK has called for a
dawn-to-dusk bandh in the Union Territory of Puducherry on
March 21 to urge the Centre to support the US sponsored
resolution against Sri Lanka for alleged war crimes at the UN
Human Rights Council meeting at Geneva.
AIADMK Puducherry unit secretary A Anbalagan, MLA,
announced this at a press meet here today.
The protest was also aimed at condemning Chief Minister
N Rangasamy`s "sustained silence" without making clear his
government`s stand on the issue,he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown