Lt Gen(Retd)AK Singh sworn in as the new Lt Govern of Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Port Blair: Lt Gen (Retd) AK Singh, on Monday took over as the new Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court Arun Mishra administered the oath of office and secrecy to the new Lt Governor at a formal swearing-in-ceremony at Raj Niwas here.
Lt Gen Singh, PVSM, AVSM, SM, VSM, ex-general officer, Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Command, was commissioned into one of the oldest Regiments, the 7th Light Cavalry on the 17th June 1973, A press release issued by the A&N administration said.
On assuming the office, Lt General Singh said that he was honoured and humbled by the trust reposed and the great responsibility entrusted to him.
He said that providing security and balanced development, while keeping ecological concerns to the fore, would be a focus area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!