Lt Governor inaugurates flight service to Car Nicobar
Car Nicobar: Air connectivity was established with Car Nicobar in the southern Andaman, one the remotest part of the country Thursday with the launch of a chartered flight service between Port Blair and Car Nicobar.
The Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Gen (Retd) A K Singh inaugurated the the flight service between Car Nicobar and Port Blair at the Indian Air Force Station, Car Nicobar today.
Speaking on the occasion, the Lt Governor said, "this momentous achievement is an outcome of synergy between the Government of India and Andaman & Nicobar Administration."
The task of introducing a chartered flight between Port Blair and Car Nicobar was undertaken as part of the 100 days target of the Ministry of Home, Civil Aviation and the A&N Administration.
The Lt Governor stated that the Administration is sensitive to the needs of the people of all the islands, right from Diglipur to Campbell Bay.
Reiterating the commitment of the Administration for the welfare of all the tribal people of the Islands, he said, "the Administration remains responsible and accountable for the safety and well being of our tribes."
Congratulating the people of Andaman & Nicobar, the Lt Governor said, "the services of this Alliance Air flight would connect the most distant district headquarter of the country to the capital of the nation in 4-5 hours."
The Alliance Air flight will give its services in the Delhi-Port Blair-Car Nicobar-Port Blair-Delhi sector once in a week, every Thursday.
Senior officials from Alliance Air, Commander-in- Chief, ANC, Vice Admiral P K Chatterjee, A&N Islands Chief Secretary Anand Prakash and other senior officials were present on the occasion.
The Alliance Air plane CRJ 700, that landed at the IAF Station, Car Nicobar on its maiden flight today was given a water cannon salute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi