Lt Governor prorogues Assembly
Puducherry: Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria has prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die on July 30.
A notification containing the order of the Lt Governor issued on August 12 and published in the current issue of the State Gazette said the Lt Governor prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die at the conclusion of its budget session.
The House had a meeting for ten days from July 15 during which the Chief Minister N.Rangasamy presented the budget for fiscal 2013-2014.The House also passed Vote on Account bill earmarking Rs 5890 crore for various departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Tamil Nadu Budget 2016-17: All you need to know
- Need mix of fiscal, monetary policies to deal with Brexit: FM Jaitley
- Rio Olympics 2016: CAS rejects Russia appeal, bars athletes from mega event
- This manatee is interested in paddleboarding – Watch video!
- Oscar Pistorius: Prosecutors seek longer sentence for tainted Paralympian