Lt Governor prorogues Assembly
Puducherry: Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria has prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die on July 30.
A notification containing the order of the Lt Governor issued on August 12 and published in the current issue of the State Gazette said the Lt Governor prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die at the conclusion of its budget session.
The House had a meeting for ten days from July 15 during which the Chief Minister N.Rangasamy presented the budget for fiscal 2013-2014.The House also passed Vote on Account bill earmarking Rs 5890 crore for various departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM
- All-new Hyundai Elantra launched in India, price starts at Rs 12.99 lakh