Lt Governor prorogues Assembly
Puducherry: Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria has prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die on July 30.
A notification containing the order of the Lt Governor issued on August 12 and published in the current issue of the State Gazette said the Lt Governor prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die at the conclusion of its budget session.
The House had a meeting for ten days from July 15 during which the Chief Minister N.Rangasamy presented the budget for fiscal 2013-2014.The House also passed Vote on Account bill earmarking Rs 5890 crore for various departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter