Lt Governor prorogues Assembly
Puducherry: Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria has prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die on July 30.
A notification containing the order of the Lt Governor issued on August 12 and published in the current issue of the State Gazette said the Lt Governor prorogued the Assembly which adjourned sine die at the conclusion of its budget session.
The House had a meeting for ten days from July 15 during which the Chief Minister N.Rangasamy presented the budget for fiscal 2013-2014.The House also passed Vote on Account bill earmarking Rs 5890 crore for various departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state