Man arrested over planting of bomb like object in Puducherry
Puducherry: A man was arrested by CID wing of police from Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu today in connection with planting a bomb like object in an unreserved compartment of Dadar-Puducherry Chalukya Express train here on January 8.
CID Superintendent of Police Ravindran said a team rushed to Tiruchirapalli on information that Shankar, arrested in a cheating case in that city, had admitted during questioning to having planted the object in the compartment.
The man was later brought here and remanded to five days custody.
A bomb disposal squad had retrieved the ball like object that day and after an examination, confirmed that there was no explosive barring some iron pieces with some adhesive like substance in a small container made of tin sheet. The object, was connected to a mobile phone. A hand written slogan was also found inside the suitcase which read `Mayan Calendar.`
The suitcase was found by a station employee while cleaning the compartment.
The materials have been sent for analysis to the Forensic Research Lab at Hyderabad and its report is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17