Man arrested over planting of bomb like object in Puducherry
Puducherry: A man was arrested by CID wing of police from Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu today in connection with planting a bomb like object in an unreserved compartment of Dadar-Puducherry Chalukya Express train here on January 8.
CID Superintendent of Police Ravindran said a team rushed to Tiruchirapalli on information that Shankar, arrested in a cheating case in that city, had admitted during questioning to having planted the object in the compartment.
The man was later brought here and remanded to five days custody.
A bomb disposal squad had retrieved the ball like object that day and after an examination, confirmed that there was no explosive barring some iron pieces with some adhesive like substance in a small container made of tin sheet. The object, was connected to a mobile phone. A hand written slogan was also found inside the suitcase which read `Mayan Calendar.`
The suitcase was found by a station employee while cleaning the compartment.
The materials have been sent for analysis to the Forensic Research Lab at Hyderabad and its report is awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt