Meeting on coastal security in Port Blair
PortBlair: Andaman and Nicobar Islands chief secretary Anand Prakash chaired a meeting on coastal security exercise - `Tatasuraksha`, official sources said on Tuesday.
The Inspector General of Coast Guards VSR Murthy said the coast security exercise was successful due to the perfect synergy and coordination amongst the various stake holders of coastal security.
The chief secretary highlighted the importance of effective patrolling off east island in the northern group of islands and even suggested to set up detachment in this islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Disgracing Sikh's turban: Five blasphemy accused get bail in Pakistan
- Tobacco industry should follow stringent package warning rules: SC
- Extremist group Abu Sayyaf releases new video, threatens to behead three more hostages
- Canadian asked to leave Nepal over controversial social media posts
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations