Meeting on coastal security in Port Blair
PortBlair: Andaman and Nicobar Islands chief secretary Anand Prakash chaired a meeting on coastal security exercise - `Tatasuraksha`, official sources said on Tuesday.
The Inspector General of Coast Guards VSR Murthy said the coast security exercise was successful due to the perfect synergy and coordination amongst the various stake holders of coastal security.
The chief secretary highlighted the importance of effective patrolling off east island in the northern group of islands and even suggested to set up detachment in this islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda