Moderate quake hits Andaman Islands
New Delhi: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter Scale hit Andaman Islands early on Saturday.
The earthquake with a latitude of 13.4 degree north and a longitude of 93.0 degree east occurred at 4:39 am, the Meteorological Department said here.
The quake struck at a depth of 11-kilometre, it said.
On June 1, a strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake had hit the islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing