Moderate quake hits Andaman Islands
New Delhi: A moderate intensity earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter Scale hit Andaman Islands early on Saturday.
The earthquake with a latitude of 13.4 degree north and a longitude of 93.0 degree east occurred at 4:39 am, the Meteorological Department said here.
The quake struck at a depth of 11-kilometre, it said.
On June 1, a strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake had hit the islands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred