Moderate quake hits Nicobar Islands
New Delhi: A moderate earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale jolted India`s Nicobar Islands early Saturday.
According to the US Geological Survey (USGS), the temblor hit the Nicobar Islands at 1.07 a.m., Xinhua reported.
The quake`s epicentre, with a depth of 38.70 km, was initially determined to be at 7.7615 degrees north latitude and 93.9754 degrees east longitude.
Located in the south-east of the Bay of Bengal, the Nicobar Islands comprises 22 large and small islands, of which only 12 have inhabitants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?