Navy conducts medical camp at Lakshadweep
Kochi: Indian Navy conducted a four day long
Medical camp at the Union Territory of Lakshadweep, which
concluded on Friday, benefitting over 2,000 islanders.
A 27-member multi speciality medical team led by Surgeon
Commodore Girish Gupta, Commanding Officer Indian Naval
hospital Ship (INHS) Sanjivini commenced the camp on Nov one,
a naval press release said.
Medical camps were conducted at the islands of Minicoy,
Androth and Amini, besides providing logistic support for the
endeavour which is traditionally the opening event in the
series of activities leading to Navy day on December 4.
Specialists from various disciplines, including pediatrics,
radiology, opthalmology, gynecology, dermatology and
neonatology participated in the camp.
Surgeon Commodore Girish Gupta said the camp was a
demonstration of the Navy`s commitment to Lakshadweep islands.
Naval doctors detected high levels of anaemia among the
islanders. Midwifery training was also imparted to islanders
in view of the relatively modest delivery care there and
distance from the mainland, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins