NCC cadet strength may go up to 17 lakhs in 5 yrs
Puducherry: The strength of National Cadet Corps was likely to increase by two lakhs in the next 4-5 years, a top NCC official said Monday.
At present NCC had a total cadet strength of 15 lakhs and a vibrant network in different parts of the country, NCC Deputy Director General (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Commodore KS Aiyappa said.
Speaking after an inspection of NCC here, he said that the strength of cadets in the states coming under his jurisdiction was around 1.05 lakh.
Highlighting the role of NCC, he said the organisation was a very powerful medium and had been giving a sense of direction to the youth to emerge as good leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
Group Commander Col MK Joshi accompanied the DDG during his inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!