NCC cadet strength may go up to 17 lakhs in 5 yrs
Puducherry: The strength of National Cadet Corps was likely to increase by two lakhs in the next 4-5 years, a top NCC official said Monday.
At present NCC had a total cadet strength of 15 lakhs and a vibrant network in different parts of the country, NCC Deputy Director General (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Commodore KS Aiyappa said.
Speaking after an inspection of NCC here, he said that the strength of cadets in the states coming under his jurisdiction was around 1.05 lakh.
Highlighting the role of NCC, he said the organisation was a very powerful medium and had been giving a sense of direction to the youth to emerge as good leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
Group Commander Col MK Joshi accompanied the DDG during his inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency