NCC cadet strength may go up to 17 lakhs in 5 yrs
Puducherry: The strength of National Cadet Corps was likely to increase by two lakhs in the next 4-5 years, a top NCC official said Monday.
At present NCC had a total cadet strength of 15 lakhs and a vibrant network in different parts of the country, NCC Deputy Director General (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Commodore KS Aiyappa said.
Speaking after an inspection of NCC here, he said that the strength of cadets in the states coming under his jurisdiction was around 1.05 lakh.
Highlighting the role of NCC, he said the organisation was a very powerful medium and had been giving a sense of direction to the youth to emerge as good leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
Group Commander Col MK Joshi accompanied the DDG during his inspection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed