NCC cadet strength may go up to 17 lakhs in 5 yrs
Puducherry: The strength of National Cadet Corps was likely to increase by two lakhs in the next 4-5 years, a top NCC official said Monday.
At present NCC had a total cadet strength of 15 lakhs and a vibrant network in different parts of the country, NCC Deputy Director General (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Commodore KS Aiyappa said.
Speaking after an inspection of NCC here, he said that the strength of cadets in the states coming under his jurisdiction was around 1.05 lakh.
Highlighting the role of NCC, he said the organisation was a very powerful medium and had been giving a sense of direction to the youth to emerge as good leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
Group Commander Col MK Joshi accompanied the DDG during his inspection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof