NCC cadet strength may go up to 17 lakhs in 5 yrs
Puducherry: The strength of National Cadet Corps was likely to increase by two lakhs in the next 4-5 years, a top NCC official said Monday.
At present NCC had a total cadet strength of 15 lakhs and a vibrant network in different parts of the country, NCC Deputy Director General (Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands) Commodore KS Aiyappa said.
Speaking after an inspection of NCC here, he said that the strength of cadets in the states coming under his jurisdiction was around 1.05 lakh.
Highlighting the role of NCC, he said the organisation was a very powerful medium and had been giving a sense of direction to the youth to emerge as good leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
Group Commander Col MK Joshi accompanied the DDG during his inspection.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference