NTK workers arrested in Puducherry
Puducherry: Around 30 volunteers of the `Naam Tamizhar Katchi` were arrested here when they attempted to hold a blackflag demonstration against India`s Ambassador to United States Nirupama Rao for her alleged `anti-Tamils` stand during her tenure as High Commissioner in Sri Lanka.
Police intervened and arrested the agitators several metres ahead of Pondicherry University where Rao participated in the 22nd convocation.
The agitators also protested against the conferment of honorary doctorate on Rao during the convocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding